Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Face Your Fears!

Hi Everyone - Rick and I decided to take a mini-vacation this past weekend and enjoy what SC has to offer.  We thought it was time to try to sell our boat since we haven't used it but 3 times since we moved here (almost 8 years ago).  So Friday was a good weather day to take it out and see if it still ran.  Our whole intention was to see what we needed to do to get it ready for market.  I hadn't skied in 2 years so I was pretty fearful of trying it.  But because this was probably the last time in my life, I needed to give it a whirl; believe me, I was nervous.  It took me awhile just to jump in the water.  

Once I jumped in and felt the refreshing lake water I began to get excited.  I was ready and said the magic words, "Hit it!"  Yay!  First try!  I was too scared to try to drop a ski; so I was very content to simply enjoy the beauty of the lake and get a good workout.  It was kind of strange because when I got in the boat, Rick and I both realized we did not want to sell the boat.  Even if we took it out only 2-3 times a year, the outdoor experience was incredible.

My challenge to you is this:  Is their something in your past that you had fun doing and have let it slip by the wayside?  Is their a dream in front of you that you have said to yourself, "Someday, I want to try this?"  As we all know, time flies by very quickly - face your fears and tackle your dreams!  You might be very surprised at the outcome!  Hope to see you this week in the gym!  Lynette

No comments: